Cobham Mission Assembler - Release & Restraints in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking an Assembler - Release & Restraints. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Assembles and disassembles Releases & Restraints related products, in any state, from partial to complete.
- Read blueprints, assembly drawings, sketches, and analysis sheets, to determine the status of units and/or their components.
- Replaces malfunctioning parts and or sub-assemblies, as necessary.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and reworks non-conforming units in order to return them to acceptable status.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and measuring and test equipment to produce finished Releases & Restraints units that meet all stated requirements.
- 1+ years of experience in assembly and surface finish techniques.
- 1+ years of experience with reading blueprints, assembly drawings, sketches, and analysis sheets.
- 1+ years of experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting units.
- 1+ years of experience in the use of power tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, measuring and test equipment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 1+ years of experience in sewing.
- 1+ years of experience in soldering.
- Must possess job-related math skills.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions when performing job duties.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and must be able to get along with co-workers.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Technicians & Operators
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 12-Sep-2018, 12:32:15 PM
Recruiter: Michael Bodner
Req ID: 269854