Warren Distribution Machine Op Blmd (WPP) Shift A 645AM-645PM Rotating in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Machine Operator (Blowmolding) is responsible for operating machines and equipment used in the production of products and will work with other associates to safely and effectively meet department and company product quality and production rate standards. The individual in this position will perform and document quality checks, and will also assist in troubleshooting process problems and performing maintenance to ensure continued operation of the plastic molding machines and equipment.
This is a production-oriented position and requires heavy physical labor, including ability to lift 50+ pounds, standing for long durations, and performing tasks requirement bending, stooping or twisting. Must have schedule flexibility and willingness to cross train within and between departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Safely and effectively operate and monitor blowmolding machines and equipment used in the production of products.
• Perform quality control checks in accordance with company policy and procedures, and ensure production meets quality standards at all times.
• Perform machine start-up, shut down, changeovers, and clean up; ensure all production materials are readily available.
• Coordinate production, sometimes monitoring multiple production lines at once.
• Provide guidance to team members as appropriate.
• Collect and properly record production and quality data.
• Adjust operations machines and equipment as needed to correct quality and production issues.
• Perform equipment changes as indicated by the production schedule.
• Perform minor adjustments and routine maintenance; assist as needed with preventative maintenance and major repair work.
• Work with others as a team and help in training of new associates.
• Maintain good house keeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Learn and effectively operate machine work processes in accordance to standard operating procedures including attention to details and be accountable as necessary.
• Visibly inspect equipment to detect any problems and make adjustments, as needed.
• Conduct required quality checks and tests.
• Demonstrate good mechanical and operational understanding of machinery.
• Be cross-trained into a variety of positions and willing to perform those functions as required.
• Pay close attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks.
• Organize work priorities to meet individual and team goals.
• Exhibit familiarity with manufacturing operations and safety procedures.
• Efficiently and accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole and non-whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and work toward the solution of those problems.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Three months related work experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Basic knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, and pneumatics preferred.
• Certificate from college or technical school preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while monitoring operations.
• Regularly move about to perform operations functions while operating the line.
• Transport products and materials weighing up to 65 pounds.
• Change mold tooling and maneuver products on blow molding lines using force of up to 50 pounds.
• Use ladders, stairs, and catwalks to access workstations, to retrieve materials, to trouble shoot equipment, when performing work on lift equipment, and when working in elevated workspaces.
• Position oneself to access lower levels of the line, retrieve products or materials from ground level, and access equipment at ground level for troubleshooting operations.
• Reach forward when handling products and packaging components on the line, replacing labels, working on the computer, and when assessing machinery, replacing dyes, and troubleshooting.
• Reach overhead when accessing items on high shelves, operating machinery, and maneuvering product on lines or grasping handrails while climbing ladders.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools, power tools and equipment and have the manual dexterity to do such tasks as operating machinery and closing and sealing containers.
• Observe and interact with associates and equipment in the plant setting.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information; in designated areas where hearing protection is required, must be able to communicative effectively while wearing hearing protection.
• Visually recognize colors when inspecting parts and bottle colors.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and extreme heat. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.