Google Data Center Maintenance Planner in Council Bluffs, Iowa
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and associated maintenance work.
- 3 years of experience working with HVAC and electrical equipment.
- Experience with 3rd party CMMS programs.
- Experience and knowledge in the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, HVAC.
- Ability to communicate with internal customers and external parties and appropriately address challenges.
- Ability to develop long-term strategic maintenance plans and forecasts.
- Excellent collaboration and problem solving skills.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Data Center Maintenance Planner, you will be responsible for the effective execution of all planning and scheduling of maintenance work and control processes. You will work with the site supervisors and technicians to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and materials, define trades and skills, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective, and efficient work control plans. Additionally, you will provide the equipment-related experience and technical guidance on improving preventive maintenance activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the use and administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) program at a site level. This includes the creation, update, and maintenance of equipment, preventative maintenance, and safety records within the CMMS program.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage the flow of all maintenance work orders by working with Data Center Operations teams and vendors. Be responsible for the planning and scheduling of technicians and parts needed to perform maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with facility management in the development and maintenance of schedules and resource leveling by utilizing the site CMMS program.
- Establish and maintain CMMS equipment files, parts inventory, equipment bill of materials, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Manage the process of launching a CMMS solution at the site level used in the daily operation of our data centers.