Warren Distribution Blender Operator(A) Shift Rotating 645AM-645PM in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Blender Operator is responsible for coordinating bulk blended and raw materials with production needs, ensuring correct materials are supplied to packaging lines for production of finished products as required by internal and external customers. The individual in this position loads and unloads bulk liquids, operates an inline oil blender, and monitors inventories to ensure production needs are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Load and unload bulk liquids from tank trucks and rail cars. Start pumps and open valves on pipelines and tanks to regulate and direct flow of oil from and into tanks according to delivery schedules. Gauge amount of oil in storage tanks. Read automatic gauges at specified time intervals to determine flow rate of oil into or out of tanks and amount of oil in tanks. Inspect pipelines, valves, and flanges to detect malfunctions such as loose connections or leaks and report defective valves to maintenance personnel. Schedule tank truck receipts and outbound loads.
• Control equipment, including inline oil blender, to blend specified oils and additives to meet production requirements. Ensure batch characteristics and type and weight of ingredients meet specifications. Turn valves and pour ingredients to fill mixer and pump containers. Start equipment and adjust temperature, time, and speed controls to blend ingredients adding additional ingredients during blending cycle as specified. Accurately report production, as well as type and quantity of materials used.
• Efficiently use the company’s enterprise resource planning system to maintain accurate inventories and department paperwork and records.
• Work with various departments, suppliers, and the railroad company to arrange for bulk shipments.
• Draw samples of mixture for laboratory analysis. Perform simple laboratory tests such as viscosity and density.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and learn to perform simple maintenance tasks.
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTITICATIONS
An individual qualified for this job must have and maintain the following qualifications:
• At least one year related experience or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Must be able to obtain forklift and pallet jack license through Warren Distribution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while loading and unloading trucks or using blending equipment.
• Regularly move about and transport tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
• Position hoses and tools requiring up to eighty (80) pounds of force to accommodate loading and unloading operations.
• Position oneself to access valves and adjust hoses to connect to delivery points of various heights or positions, including at floor level.
• Reach forward and overhead to adjust and clean valves.
• Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access and work atop tanks and rail cars while collecting samples and loading and unloading product.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment, as well as a computer keyboard and mouse.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
• Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
• Visually observe and interact with associates and equipment in the plant setting.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and extreme heat. Typical noise level is loud. The individual may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)