Culligan International Culligan Level 2 Commercial and Residential Service Tech in Coralville, Iowa
We are looking for an experienced Level 2 Commercial and Residential Service Technician
The hours for this position are 8AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday.
Vetter's Culligan Water is considered an essential business.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation range based on experience and skills hourly PLUS opportunity to earn commissions
Health Insurance- 2 plans
- Vision Insurance available
- Dental Insurance available
- Life Insurance Company paid
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Company paid
- HSA Matching
- Matching Simple IRA Retirement plan
- Uniforms provided
- Company Cell Phone
- Accrued PTO total of 8 days 1st year 15 days second year
- 6 paid holidays plus 2 Extra Paid Days off per year
- Product Discounts
- Employee equipment ownership/rental program Position Summary:
As a Level 2 Commercial and Residential Service Technician, you will be responsible for Installation, maintenance, service, and operating of commercial and residential water treatment systems and performing scheduled preventive maintenance as required. You must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and sometimes in challenging conditions. The right candidate will continuously look for opportunities to learn and improve their skills while thriving in a collaborative environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Install and service all water conditioning systems, both internally and externally, including competitive systems in accordance with local codes and company policies.
- Respond to customer requests/inquiries courteously and without delay. Take appropriate and immediate action to resolve complaints.
- Communicate and educate our customers proactively on water quality and how our products align with healthy initiatives.
- Seek opportunities for additional sales, as well as upgrading equipment.
- Secure customer’s property at all times and take reasonable steps to avoid damage to customer property. For example, house keys, security codes, lockboxes, etc.
- Test untreated water to determine the accuracy of equipment and notify customers of any necessary maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with the supervisor, co-workers, and any other departments in house at Vetter’s Inc. Culligan.
- Keep skills and knowledge of the water quality industry current by attending any mandatory or reasonably priced trainings, cross-training with others, and/or participating in an adapting environment.
- Ensure that the Culligan truck is properly loaded each day.
- Responsible for mentoring and training/ sharing knowledge with other techs and the team
- Deliver all products such as salt, bottled water, or Bottle-free water coolers in an efficient, safe, and timely manner.
- Prepare order forms and sales contracts without error.
- Collect/pick up empty, rejected, or damaged equipment or items from customers.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays in the Culligan office.
- Have the knowledge of the local demographic area and/or be able to read a map effectively.
- Load and/or unload trucks with forklifts, another teammate, or by hand.
- Ensuring the customer signs a receipt for all pickups and deliveries, when possible.
- Cleaning the inside and outside of trucks and/or the bay area where tools and resources are stored for the role while communicating/escalating major concerns to the direct supervisor.
- Complete paperwork related to tasks in an accurate and timely manner while meeting all submittal and communication deadlines.
- Assist other employees with delivery and installation of products/equipment.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service personnel to take appropriate and immediate action to satisfy orders, delivery, and quality.
- Follow all established safety procedures and report all injuries/accidents.
- Writing customer order and instructions.
- Guarantee all ordered equipment is in line with customer orders, which includes complying with modifications, when necessary.
- Maintain open and positive communications internally with supervisors and peers as well as externally with customers, vendors, and other partners.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints, while escalating major concerns to the Operations Manager.
- Create and maintain a positive workforce and open-door environment conducive to enhanced employee moral, productivity, creativity, and support.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment, presentable to any client, customer, or auditor at any time.
- Be available for emergency service calls after hours at the overtime expense.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as recommending policy adaptations, when appropriate.
- Maintain and safeguard the Company assets (plant, fleet, equipment, and other inventory).
- Achieve planned gross margin and revenue targets.
- Other duties as assigned. Cross Training Requirements:
This position is responsible for cross training with any and all other service techs and managers to the point of covering all basic responsibilities in the case of their absence.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire will not be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of plumbing and/electronics
- Operate hand and power tools
- Capable of working effectively independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, goal and detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
- Valid Driver’s License
Forklift operating experience Experience Requirements:
Water treatment Industry: 3 years
- Residential Equipment Service : 3 years
Commercial Service : 1 year Desired Skills:
Plumbing license or WQA certification
- Clean driving record
- Class B license with air brakes
- CDL Class D Endorsement 2
- Water treatment Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Residential Equipment Service : 4 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Service : 2 year (Preferred)
Commercial Sales : 1 year (Preferred) Physical Requirements:
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crawl and twist as well as work in awkward and tight places, ladders, crawl spaces and in attics. The ability to climb a flight of stairs is a physical requirement for employees in the case of an emergency. Repetitively lifting up to 50 lbs., while occasionally using a dolly or a partner up to 400 lbs. This position must be able to sit in a vehicle for extended periods of time. Education:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required Language Requirements:
The primary language of Vetter’s Inc. Culligan is English. Excellent communication skills, as defined as the ability to:
- Actively listen for total comprehension
- Ask questions that enhance the understanding of a certain topic
- Relay information and/or instruction in a descriptive and understandable fashion in both written and verbal forms Mathematical Requirements:
This position requires the ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance is also required.
Reasoning Ability Requirements:
Basic-level, reasoning abilities are necessary to understand and follow basic instruction from supervisory positions either by writing or verbally.
Non-Exempt: Non-exempt employees are typically paid hourly and have the responsibility of accurately tracking all working hours on a timesheet for approval. Any hours worked within a workweek exceeding 40 hours will be paid time and a half.
Vetter’s Inc. Culligan’s normal hours of operation are from Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Additional hours may be worked as needed to ensure customer service upon delivery.
Hourly: This position requires a minimum of 40 hours worked within a regular workweek.
General Job Duties:
All employees are responsible for a basic knowledge of the employee handbook, along with the mission and vision of the Organization, and must conduct themselves with behavior that supports these values.
- All employees are responsible for making the most of their working time and reach maximum potential by being on time for appointments, checking voicemails/emails as appropriate and completing deadlines in a timely manner.
- All full-time employees are required to work at least 40 hours a week.
- All employees are expected to escalate issues as necessary.
- All employees must conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner as outlined in the Vetter’s Inc. Culligan Employee Handbook, code of ethics, and code of conduct.
- All employees will specifically be trained on their job duties, however; other mandatory trainings may be deemed appropriate by management for one or all members of the team.
- All employees must occasionally collaborate with the leadership team to create, revise, and maintain accurate job descriptions.
- Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, and tactfulness in all interactions with customers, employees, and vendors. Supervision Requirements:
This position supervises: None.
This position reports to: The Service, Operations, Branch, or General Manager.
Performance reviews are conducted annually and allow supervisors to provide honest feedback while both praising employees on their successes and identifying areas of growth.