Corteva Agriscience Safety Supervisor in Cherokee, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Safety Supervisor to join our team. At our facility, we value teamwork and safety. Our team is like a family and whoever joins us can be sure that they will be welcomed into a group of individuals who work together, are fair and equitable, and support each other! We are in a fantastic location, within 10 minutes of a university town and within commutable distance of urban metropolises, while also offering the charm and benefits of a small-town atmosphere.
We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates with leadership and safety experience from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
In this role you will be a member of the location management team, supporting the location in overall administrative coordination of the established Safety Programs and provide direction, support, and consultation to the location regarding safety, health and environmental issues. You will be challenged with a variety of responsibilities in relation to Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) issues. The Safety Supervisor is primarily in a setting with regular interaction taking place in high traffic & activity plant/warehouse areas, plus visits to field locations. You will be the key person ensuring safety programs and guidelines are understood and reinforced through training, coaching and leading others. Creativity is needed to keep materials interesting and fresh. Our ideal candidate would have experience building rapport and relationships to be able to drive safety engagement and a safe work culture!
Responsibilities - What you will do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Interpret and provide information on laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
• Administer safety programs, conduct employee training and complete risk management assessments in the areas of safety, occupational health, and hazardous waste management
• Support location in record-keeping of Occupational Safety & Health programs
• Develop and implement site specific safety policies/programs
• Assist location management with interpretation and implementation of all facets of risk management work
• Provide felt leadership to the location, demonstrated by frequent and consistent communication about the importance of safety & risk management efforts
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2-4 years of safety and/or related experience OR higher education in a safety focused field
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
• Coaching, leadership, problem solving, & decision making skills
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet, dry, and dusty conditions
• Willing and able to work overtime hours, shift work, including weekend work and holidays required during seasonal peaks
• Understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
The following are preferred:
• 1-3 years of leadership and/or supervisory experience
• Bachelor's degree
• OSHA 10-hr or 30-hr training certification
• High attention to detail is needed to maintain awareness of existing and proposed safety codes/regulations and company guidelines plus maintain and analyze appropriate data
• Injury Management Investigation Experience
• Ag or Industrial Experience
At Corteva Agriscience, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs