Shermco Industries Senior Protection and Control Relay Technician in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
SENIOR PROTECTION & CONTROL RELAY TECHNICIANS
Shermco, the leader in Electrical Transmission and Distribution testing & maintenance, has won several multi-year, large projects resulting in an immediate need for qualified and experienced P&C Relay Technicians in the Midwest region based out of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Shermco is the largest, independent electrical testing company in North America.
- Receive Shermco’s best-in-class technical and safety training and use of Shermco’s top-end testing equipment.
- Be part of a NETA accredited organization that has been recognized seven times as a Best Place to Work.
- Highly competitive compensation and lucrative overtime plan.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment, relaying schemes, DFR equipment, SCADA systems, distribution automation systems and associated communication equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker changeouts.
- Perform end-to-end relay testing using Doble ProTesT software to verify carrier and fiber systems.
- Perform electro-mechanical relay testing of GE, Westinghouse, ITE, etc.
- Perform solid state relay testing of Schweitzer, Basler, Multilin, SEL, Beckwith, Circuit Shield, Arreva, Schneider, etc.
- Read and interpret control prints, writing diagrams, and relaying schematics.
- Conduct differential and distance relay testing.
- Assist in developing written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying, DFR's, RTU's, IED's, Distribution Automation and associated communication systems.
- Manage projects onsite throughout the duration and effectively interface and own the relationship with customers and their vendors
_Minimum Qualifications _to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Must be willing and able to travel and work at project sites from several weeks to several months at a time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer training from technical school, apprenticeship, armed services or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology.
- Experience and training as an Army Prime Power Production Specialist (52E, 21P, or 12P) highly desirable.
- 5+ years related experience in the areas of transmission line and substation protective relay control system and SCADA/Automation checkout, installation, testing and trouble-shooting; an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Must have testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures.
- Need to have knowledge of differential and phase angles.
- Experience with RTS or Protest relaying testing software desirable.
- Understand three phase power and phase angles.
- Must have ability to use Doble 6150, 2253 & 2250 and Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000.
- Must be able to demonstrate SAFE electrical troubleshooting skills using basic and advanced test equipment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to work regularly in the field exposed to all seasonal elements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please