PDS Tech Inc Engineering Project Assistant - Sr 2 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Project Assistant - Sr 2, in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The contractor will be responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing, preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources with a variety of applications. Performs as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision phases of the engineering development cycle. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
• Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
• Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
• Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
• Ensures compliance with the Third-Party Intellectual Property process.
• Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
• Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
• Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
• Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
• Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
• Generally works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Potential Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs. Reports status of orders as required.
• Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
• Prepares presentations. Coordinates the interaction of project/program team and support functions to communicate schedule and status.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
• Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively.
Required Tool Experience:
• Microsoft Excel
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
Tool Experience Desired but Not Required:
• ALM, SAP, ClearQuest, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
• strong communication skills
• strong organizational skills
• highly detail oriented
• strong interpersonal skills
• ability to work on teams in a collaborative environment
• ability to receive work from peers, engineers and managers
• quick learner
• able to retain information quickly
• self starter and proposals that are clearly and concisely written.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs