ADM Cogeneration Utility - Cedar Rapids, IA in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Cogeneration Utility - Cedar Rapids, IA
Cogeneration Utility Operator – Cedar Rapids, IA
ADM Corn Processing
This is an entry level hourly position.
BASIC FUNCTION: Duties include the monitoring and operation of material handling equipment, including but not limited to truck and rail car coal and limestone unloading equipment, conveyors, crushers, stacker / reclaimer, and dust collection equipment. May operate running locomotive, bobcat and endloader. General housekeeping and ash load out are also required job functions. Utility Operators will also be required to trouble shoot equipment and perform preventative maintenance. This is an entry level position for the Cogeneration plant.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
· Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, gloves and other personal protective equipment.
· Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production processes in all areas.
· Ability to effectively and safely operate locomotive, bobcat and end loader.
· Considerable knowledge of material unloading, conveying and dust collection equipment.
· Skill in making equipment adjustments and repairs.
· Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting all machine malfunctions and utilizes mechanical, chemical and other technical expertise to solve and eliminate problems.
· Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out and Confined Space procedures on various valves and machine equipment, such as motors, conveyors, pumps, tanks, boilers, etc. Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
· Provides information to control room and field personnel for various operational assignments, or when routine operation of equipment is manually required.
· Records data and results on parameters charts, rounds checklist, log sheets and other related documentation, taking accurate notes on all figures, times, calculations and other system or operational information.
· Manually adjusts machines and valves such as butterfly, gate or ball valves in order to maintain process efficiency.
· Locates sources of trouble through multiple observation techniques such as sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
· Starts machines and adjusts valves according to guidelines as outlined in the department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
· Completes CIP (Cleaning in Place) procedures on various equipment to ensure efficient functioning.
· Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer’s chemical Material Safety Data Sheet.
· Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
· Observes field temperature gauges, pressure gauges and flow meters to regulate and maintain required parameters and/or to verify DCS readings.
· Resets or energizes electrical panels located in Motor Control Center Rooms in order to restart equipment in a safe and timely manner.
· Performs light maintenance on various department machinery such as filters, heat exchangers, valves, pumps and other equipment.
· Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
· Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING PREFERRED
· High school diploma or GED
· Previous process or plant experience is a plus
· Mechanical aptitude
· Must be able to work a rotating, 12-hour shift in a 24/7, 365 continuous operation
· Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs from waist to shoulder on a frequent basis
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs from floor to shoulder on an occasional basis
· Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs on an occasional basis
· Must be able to stand 5-8 hours
· Must be able to walk 5-8 hours
· Must be able to sit 8-12 hours
· Must be able to squat/kneel/crawl on an occasional basis
· Must be able to climb ladders on an occasional basis
· Must be able to grip/grasp/pinch on a frequent basis
· Must be able to work with vibrating equipment on a frequent basis
· Must be able to use power tools on an occasional basis
· Must be able to use a computer and perform keyboarding on a frequent basis
· Must be able to climb several flights of stairs on an occasional basis throughout the day
· Will be required to work in areas of extreme temperatures
· Will be exposed to coal, ash and lime dust
· Must be able to use a hardhat, earplugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes and gloves when out in the plant
IA - Iowa
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- ADM Jobs