Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) MATERIALS HANDLER SUPERVISOR in Camp Dodge Military Reservation, Iowa
**The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community.
IOWA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD - TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION** This position is restricted to current Military members of the Iowa Army National Guard.
LOCATION: USPFO, Johnston, Iowa NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires military membership in a compatible military assignment in the Iowa Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of this excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 05/25/2018. FAILURE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN YOUR NOT RECEIVING CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations Section of this Announcement to understand the qualification requirements, and the How to Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying.
Learn more about this agency
As a MATERIALS HANDLER SUPERVISOR, WS-6907-5 your duties are below;
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or project to project basis. Adhere to work priorities, project schedules, resources, and detailed work plans established by higher level supervisors. Reacts to variations in the workplace and maintains a balance workload between subordinates. Follow customary work cycles and sequences in planning work assignments. Track and report progress on work assignments and request authority to adjust worker assignments and to use overtime, equipment, and materials to meet schedules. Recommend changes to schedules, priorities, and work sequences as necessary and make minor deviations in procedures or redirect resources under their control to overcome problems such as equipment failure, material delays, or unplanned absences.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns work to individuals and provides technical direction and/or help in accomplishing difficult work steps and processes. Observe work in progress to anticipate and resolve problems within groups supervised, and coordinate work among workers and other supervisors to maintain work progress to meet schedules. Inspect completed work for quality and work order requirements. Report possible or actual work delays to their supervisors.
(3) Administration: Support and explain management problems to their subordinates. Recommend performance ratings, training, disciplinary actions, changes in performance standards, and the most suitable applicants for vacancies. Advise and counsel workers on how to improve their performance and explain new work techniques. Investigate grievances and complaints, resolve them informally, and notify supervisors of those of sufficient importance or seriousness. Maintain work reports and records and assist supervisors in planning overall leave schedules. Makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. Initiates recommendations for promotion or reassignment of subordinates. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized.
(4) Performs non-supervisory work, such as, transporting equipment, performing maintenance tasks, etc.
(5) Develops, publishes, and ensures employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised. Implements and complies with agency, state, and federal regulatory Occupational Safety and Health, and environmental requirements. Ensures use of quality conformant products through compliance with established materials shelf life programs. Ensures all aspects of Force Protection to include physical security, facility and vehicle key control, property accountability, access control and employee protection in accordance with established policies and regulations. Implements procedures to account for all real property, installation property, MTO&E; (Modified Tables of Organization and Equipment) property, TDA (Tables of Distribution and Allowances) property, and installed equipment located at or assigned to the facility in accordance with state and federal regulations and policies. Ensures subordinates are trained, qualified, and equipped with proper personnel protective equipment, environmental mediation equipment and materials. Ensure the employees wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
6907 Materials Handler
Conditions of Employment
Military Rank Requirements:Warrant Officer and Enlisted (CW3-SFC) MOS Compatibility (but not limited to):011A 882A 890A 913A 914A 915E 920A 920B 922A 923A 91 25B 36B 51C 88M 88N 89A 89B 92A 92F 92G 92Y
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this position:
- Exercises knowledge of the overall warehousing plan, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Applies knowledge of basic design and construction principals for the construction of standard and non-standard shipping and storage containers.
- Exercises technical knowledge of transportation, security, environmental laws, and regulations in daily warehouse duties.
- Applies technical knowledge of automation systems in daily operations.
- Must be able to work as a team member to accomplish the mission assigned.
- Must possess knowledge of various supply classes and distinguishing characteristics of similar classes.
**In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:**Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: WS-6907-5:Must have at least* 36 monthsexperience in the following:* 1. Journeyman level knowledge 2. Experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. 3. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. 4. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. 5. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. 6. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a secret clearance as required by this position. If the selectee does not possess the applicable security clearance when hired, application must be made within 30 days of the start date. Failure to make application for the required security clearance will result in termination of employment. Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS. ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable. Please contact your Education Office prior to accepting a position with the Iowa Army National Guard. Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IA USPFO 7105 NW 70th Ave Johnston, IA US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499363100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/11/2018 to 05/25/2018
Salary: $24.58 to $28.67 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WS 5
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent