Michael Foods 3rd Shift Sanitation Technician. Wage starting at $15.00. in Britt, Iowa
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
- Sanitation workers will be responsible for cleaning the Breaking Department and following the correct cleaning procedures. Each Sanitarian will follow all company procedures and policies. Hours will be 9:30pm-6am.*
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*: *
- Learn and follow the correct cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Ability to clean all parts and equipment and put them back together (Pumps, Press, Breakers, Etc.).
- Obtain general information on every area of the production floor.
- To follow all company procedures and policies.
- Ability to follow instructions and report any production or sanitation issues to the leads or supervisors.
- Fill out all the required HACCP paperwork at the end of the shift and communicate any maintenance necessary.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Assists with production and sanitation needs.
- Follows all safety procedures and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) requirements.
- Training and development of coworkers on all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to learn, understand and operate breaking computer equipment.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s & SQF requirements, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Less than high school education.
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Yearly LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) Training
Yearly Chemical Training
License to drive a forklift and mule
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and follow the correct cleaning procedures.
- Ability to clean all parts and equipment and put them back together.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.