AgReliant Genetics Research Associate in Boone, Iowa
WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
Under the supervision of the Station Manager/Plant Breeder, the Research Associate will contribute to the team’s efforts to develop and evaluate corn inbreds and hybrids by performing and assisting with many aspects of the station’s breeding program.
Responsible for performing all aspects of the station’s testing and breeding program:
• Seed packaging, planting, pollinating, note taking, harvest and shelling.
• Inventory and maintenance of seed stocks.
• Recruiting, training and supervising work with crews in field trials, nurseries and seed lab.
• Organizing and conducting field experiments. This includes site selection, planting, scouting, coordination of field activities, spraying and timely harvest.
• Use of MS Office programs especially Excel, Word and Outlook and learning in-house plant breeding software programs.
• Operation of field research equipment. Ability to maintain and make repairs is desirable but not mandatory.
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism that promotes a positive image of the company and the research department.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by the Corn Breeder and /or the Director of Corn Research either verbally and/or in writing
• Able to work well independently and with team members in a professional and respectful manner.
• Ability to organize and oversee multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel approximately 20-30 nights per year and to work extended hours, including weekends, during planting, pollination and harvest season as needed.
• Able to obtain a valid Indiana Pesticide Applicators license, have or obtain a Class A motor vehicle license and meet AgReliant’s Motor Vehicle Driver Requirements.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• B.S. degree in an agricultural field with experience in seed research desired
• Experience operating and repairing agricultural equipment desired.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
• Ability to work required hours in both station and field, lift 50 pounds, work in testing and nursery fields including during pollen shed and operate a motor vehicle.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
External Company URL: www.agreliantgenetics.com