Renewable Energy Group Intern, IT Developer in Ames, Iowa
Our comprehensive,12-week paid internship programgives you the opportunity to test your skills working for the nation’s leading producer of cleaner fuels and developer of renewable chemicals. This internship will begin May 17, 2021 and end August 7, 2021. REG values our interns. Our hopes are to host you in person, but with the potential of being remote like we committed to in the summer of 2020.
The purpose of this position is to assist Renewable Energy Group with the development and maintenance of core business applications.
This position is also responsible for completing one project that improves an internal IT process and creates new efficiencies.
IT Process Improvement Project
• Initiate a project by defining its purpose and scope and the solution to be implemented.
• Create accurate and complete project documentation.
• Report on project progress, risks and issues.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of core business applications.
• Assist IT Applications team with technical documentation and system enhancements.
• Use Service Desk management system to respond to user support requests.
Other frequent duties:
• Assist with the development and execution of IT projects
• Document test results
• Participate in user acceptance testing sessions
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required:Pursuing a bachelor’s degree – Information Technology or related degree
**Senior or Junior status preferred
Experience Required: Application development using object oriented programming.
**Business environment experience, relevant courses, club participation and internship preferred
Knowledge of the object oriented programming
Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.