Ag Parnters Assistant Location Manager in Albert City, Iowa
Ag Partners L.L.C. is a full service Ag Retailer that specializes in Agronomy, Grain, and Feed with 14 locations throughout the state of Iowa. The Assistant Location Manager plays a vital role in the managing and operations of one of our largest locations within the company. We are seeking for a motivated individual that has a strong drive for results and desire to develop direct reports.
Under the direction of the Site Manager responsible for overseeing all aspects of the location including production, delivery, and the office functions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Other duties may be assigned.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Ag Partners' Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Listen to and resolve the more complicated/complex customer complaints and concerns and assist employees in resolving customer complaints or requests. May consult with customers on their product quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Schedule the day-to-day work loads and assigns various job responsibilities or ensure scheduling takes place and production levels and deadlines are being met.
- Monitor employee performance and ensures all employees comply and operate location equipment in a safe manner and safety policies are being followed.
- Ensure equipment is maintained on a regular schedule to avoid breakdowns and anticipate and plan for major overhauls requiring shut downs.
- Meet with other supervisors, location leaders and team leaders to determine various staffing needs, equipment and facility needs and monitors overall efficiency of plant, people and facilities.
- Assists in the development the budget for the location and monitors the financial performance of the location against the budget.
- Ensure task procedures are set forth for each job.
- Train people to ensure location meets various government standards such as OSHA and FDA by conducting employee meetings to inform and educate.
- Assist in the implementation of company policies and procedures and develop procedures for location to meet company guidelines.
- Able to handle most of the day-to-day employee relations issues independently and effectively.
- Perform general housekeeping--sweep and clean--warehouse and mill to maintain appropriate dust levels and maintain Ag Partners' image.
- Perform general repairs at facility.
Directly supervises indirectly or directly all employees at the location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Serves as a teacher, coach, mentor and a resource to employees on specific or general tasks for day-to-day operations of facility.
*QUALIFICATIONS *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional training in supervisory skills and budgeting.
Location: Albert City, IA
Job Code: 605
# of openings: 1
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
LOCATION: Albert City, IA